Monday 10 March 2008

What an amazing way to help others...

Came across this website today and after reading into became amazed at its original idea. Basically its an online community of entrepreneurs who lend to 3rd world and Eastern Europe small businesses (usually just one man bands) on an interest free agreement. This can then enable these wonderful people to get off the ground, make profit, help their fellow citizens...and eventually pay back the loan. Its so simple and brilliant! The sign up takes just seconds is easy to understand and you can leave a profile with a link back to your site (They even accept paypal!).

I signed up today and was able to help a number of people in Africa within minutes its really rewarding on many levels and just one of them is the fact that I have had thousands lent to me over the years to help me in my Art career path, it's just great to give a little back. Here is the site again and I encourage you to look it up! http://www.kiva.org

No comments: